Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas




First M&M...Yum!


On Christmas Eve we went to church with Travis's parents and it was a "whole family" service, meaning the girls came with us into the sanctuary. Fortunately there were a LOT of kids in the service so our two noisy ones weren't that big of a deal (but I'm not sure I heard or paid attention to any of the actual Christmas service since I was so busy trying to keep them entertained (and semi-quiet). They didn't cry or throw a fit...but they clapped (very loudly) along with the hymns. (Let's just say the songs weren't really of the "clap along" variety). Charlotte likes to clap and say "YAY" (again very loudly) whenever a song is finished. You know, right when everyone else in the entire service is quiet. It's pretty funny but more so if it is not YOUR kid doing it. Camille, on the other hand, enjoyed standing on my lap and saying "HI" (very loudly, at all the wrong times, and she can drag this word out to like 3 syllables) to the folks sitting behind us (who, God bless them, seemed more amused than annoyed by this). So anyway, might have been the longest hour of my life but we survived. And I'm glad that during "regular" church the girls get to go to the nursery!

Here they are right before bed on Christmas Eve...


Our fireplace mantle looks a lot fuller this year...

Paps and LeLe came in town on Christmas Eve! They got the girls tricycles, a rocking horse that makes noises and wags its tail, and a battery-operated four wheeler! All were HUGE hits when the girls woke up on Christmas morning and saw them!

Camille and Paps





Santa brought the girls a pink kitchen! (and aprons with their names on them)


Gotta love this face on Charlotte!


Opening presents at Graham and Tom Tom's...


Elmo slippers and Dora pjs from Aunt Bonnie...


Claire (in her Ariel tutu from Santa)


Piano and rocking chairs from Graham and Tom Tom...




The girls also got a very cool Little People Nativity set from Aunt Kim, Wes and Claire...I can't wait until they are a little older and can better understand the whole meaning behind Christmas! Their cousin Claire is older and it was so fun to hear her tell how it was baby Jesus's birthday. But as for now, Camille enjoyed the nativity but liked to swap out the wise men for the Little People school bus passengers...and I'm finding these Little People everywhere!! The angel went missing and I just found her yesterday!

The playroom in all its girly splendor...




Princess tent from Aunt Erica and family...

4 comments:

  1. It looks like y'all had a great Christmas. We had much the same experience at our Christmas Eve service. And I LOVE your playroom. I'm very jealous! It is soooo cute. You did a great job. Next move . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to come play with their new things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto what Elizabeth said: SOOO jealous of the playroom! (Except I'm not moving. I think we'll have to add on!) And, yes, Christmas Eve service was also the same for us...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that's a lot of fun gifts! The playroom is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete