Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, January 7, 2011

15 Month Update (at 16 months)

The girls' had their 15 month checkups yesterday (even though they are almost 16 months now...we got a little behind!) and they are doing well. Both are 83% in height! The dr. said he rarely sees those kind of numbers in twins at this age! Maybe they will be tall! Camille is rather skinny...only about 20 lb 10 oz or so, which puts her in the 10% in weight. Charlotte is 21 lb 8oz. Both girls eat about the same amount of food so I guess they are just going to be on the light-weight side for now...plus with all this walking they've been doing lately I guess I can't expect them to gain all that much weight! Camille walked for at least a month before Charlotte did, so maybe this is why she's skinnier right now. We did learn that Charlotte had an ear infection...who would have known? She has never run a fever, was not fussy or upset and showed no signs of not feeling well. So she's on antibiotics, dr. said it was a full blown left ear infection. Poor kid, we feel so terrible she was sick and we didn't know it! Guess she has a high level of tolerance for pain! The only other ear infection we had in our house was when Camille had one a while back and we sure knew immediately something wasn't right with her! She was fussy and wouldn't sleep, etc. Goes to show how different these two are!

4 comments:

  1. We had our 15 month appt yesterday too .... almost a month late!! :) They are never fun, but I am always glad to have them done!! Now ... for the 18 month appt and then we are free til the 2 year! They said only one shot at the 18 month appt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't feel bad! I took Anna to the doc a couple of weeks ago for a skin thing, and turned out she had a bad ear infection, too! We were also clueless. No fever, doesn't tug at her ear, but she had been extra-whiny that week! Makes sense now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh - I just read all the way back to the purchase of the 2nd Christmas tree and have laughed and smiled and almost teared up - such wonderful stories and it looks like Christmas was just amazing for you guys. LOVE the clapping and YAY after the hymns. We had James saying, "NONE" (all done) multiple times during the service :) nice. Happy almost 16 months!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys have been lucky (the girls too mainly!) that they've not had many ear infections. Hayden was the same way. He's only had one ear infection (so far) and all the other times I took him in swearing it was his ears, they were clear, and the one time he did..I had no clue:) Some kids have them as often as every month and have to get tubes..that must stink!!

    ReplyDelete