So, I ran my first 5K on Saturday, which also happened to be my 31st birthday and most likely the hottest day of the entire year. Figures! The girls also ran their first 5K...courtesy of Travis pushing them in the jogging stroller! It was HOT HOT HOT outside, even at 8 am...but I ran the whole thing and that was my goal! It took me 34 minutes to do so, but still, I finished (and not last, I might add!). I really want to stick with this and shave that time to around 30 minutes. Travis, who usually runs these things in about 21 minutes, finished right around 27 minutes while pushing the double stroller. So it added 6 whole minutes to his time...proof that that stroller is HEAVY. (Probably didn't help that most of the course was uphill, either!). The girls loved it, snoozed a little, and even had their pictures taken by the local paper! These photos are courtesy of the Columbus Ledger-Enquirer online! (I've included their captions because I think it's fun that the photographer asked for the girls' names!) And the girls in the pink shirts are from my running group, Chicks on the Run.
Runners and walkers leave the starrting line Saturday morning during the opening moments of the Run For Their Lives 5K run and 1 mile walk/run in Phenix City. The event, a fundraiser for the Russell County Child Advocacy Center, was hosted by Dr. Stephen Cooper of the Phenix City Spin & Joint Center. The event, in its second year, also featured water slides, games, entertainment and a martial arts demonstration
Travis Hargrove pushes his twin daughters, Charlotte and Camille, as he runs the 5K route Saturday.
Trisha Hargrove(116) and Larinda Horton(134) approach the finish line Saturday morning
That is sooo awesome!! Look at the girls lounging back with their hair blowing in the wind..I can tell they've been on a few jogging stroller rides with Dad:) Good job running the whole thing too!
ReplyDeleteThese are great photos!!!!!
ReplyDeleteGreat job!! You look great!! :-)
ReplyDeleteHappy Belated Birthday! I'm impressed! I can't think of anything I'd rather NOT do on my birthday! :)
ReplyDeleteThanks everyone!
ReplyDeleteLindsey, can't wait to see pictures of sweet Anna's b-day!!
Wow! Ya'll are famous. These photos should definitely make the girls' scrapbook. Congrats on meeting your goal. That's awesome!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh! Happy Birthday and Go Girl! That's so awesome that you achieved such an amazing goal - and the photos are so cool to have. Congrats to you, Trav, and the girls. Way to go Hargrove Family!
ReplyDelete