Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend

We went to the beach for Memorial Day weekend, and the water and beaches of Destin were beautiful. No oil has made its way to Destin...yet. It was the girls' first time on the beach, in the pool, and on a boat!





Playing at the beach is hard work...they zonked out and had a nice nap in their little tent.



Charlotte didn't sleep for as long so she got the kiddie pool all to herself for a while...




Charlotte discovered the sand and apparently found it absolutely delicious. The girl won't eat peas, yet she'll eat sand. (actually, that would probably be a toss up for me as well :))




At the pool...



Camille loved loved LOVED to splash! That's what she did most of the time...people were moving away from her!





First boat ride



Sleeping through their first boat ride...



Also in Destin for the weekend were some of our college friends and their kids. We had a picnic every night!




Everyone got along well and here's a picture of them sharing toys quite peacefully! From left to right is Camille, Jill Russell, Charlotte, Anna Fisher, and Ben Mitchell. (You can follow Anna's blog at The Fish Bowl link on the "Blogs I'm Following" list on the right, and Ben's blog at Best of Ben).



On the drive home, we caught Camille sticking her little hand out of her carseat and petting Lucy! She did it several times over the 4 hour drive and I caught it on camera. Lucy didn't even seem to mind! (Charlotte likes the dog okay but Camille LOVES Lucy...she grins when Lucy walks by or even barks, and always reaches out for her).

3 comments:

  1. These are so cute. I'm glad everyone had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got some great pictures! We had so much fun -- I wish we got to see eachother more often!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elizabeth, I have a few pics of Ben I'll try and email you! He was hard to capture since he was always on the move!

    ReplyDelete