
A blog I read all the time, Multiples and More, has posted this question on their website:
What is the craziest thing someone has ever said to you about your multiples and how did you respond?
There are 2 questions we get all the time that I find stupid and annoying:
Question #1: Are they natural? (Okay, I get that they want to know whether we used fertility drugs or not and I would seriously just prefer if someone asked me that, instead. I have no shame or shyness about it at all and will tell you every little detail if you really want to know. But to ask if they are "natural"...it's just, well, unnatural! They are not martians!)
How I want to respond: No, actually we heard a loud boom one night and found a spaceship crashed in our backyard with them on it. We think they are from the same place Superman is from.
How I actually respond: No, it took us years and lots of medical help to get them. We are very blessed. *Smile sweetly and walk away.
Question #2: One boy and one girl, right?
How I want to respond: Well, see, they are both wearing identical pink dresses. So which one do you think is the boy that we decided was going to be a cross dresser?
How I actually respond: Nope, two girls. *Smile sweetly and walk away.


Too funny! Can't wait to see y'all this weekend!
ReplyDeleteYou are hilarious. You should be a writer!!! People really are dumb though and should think before speaking! :)
ReplyDeleteThat's so funny! Speaking of writing- did you finish that book? I haven't heard you talk about it in a while..maybe you're busy;)
ReplyDeleteI have no idea why people mix up girls and boys --- I've never dressed my girls in anything that would be misconstrued as a 'boy outfit'; same goes for the boys. People 'switched' their sexes all the time when they were babies.
ReplyDeleteSo apparently I've been spared, so far, the really truly "CRAZY" questions! Some girls posted that they were asked whether theirs were the kind of twins that had two different fathers??!! What??!! More than one girl was asked this! And also it is pretty common for boy/girl twins to be asked if they are identical? HELLO people! There are some crazies out there! Most are apparently at Walmart, that is where 99% of these crazy questions originated...unfortunately for me I am in Walmart like every other day, so I'm sure they'll keep on coming!
ReplyDeleteErica, I'm about 60% done with the book but haven't worked on it in over a year...but I've vowed I will finish...mainly just because Travis said I'd never finish it so now I most definitely will :) I know what I want to happen, I just have to write it!
Hilarious - I have a friend up here who has a twin brother and people always ask her if they are identical! yikes. Happy 8 months to the girls!
ReplyDeleteSo funny...people these days just aren't too bright! I can't believe they are getting so 'old'. I like the question about the same father...really people, try google!
ReplyDeleteAh, the restraint!
ReplyDelete