Travis and I just celebrated 10 years of marriage on June 1st! Mimi came to town to watch the girls for a long weekend so that we could get away for our anniversary. And, in doing so, she gave us the BEST present ever in that she was able to potty train Charlotte! Can I get an AMEN?!! Camille has been potty trained since right after Christmas, but Charlotte has just really had no interest. She knows how to use the potty, and has sometimes done so, but I had been having a hard time really motivating her. Guess she just really liked the convenience of going in her pull up! It was definitely time and she was ready, but I had not had any long weekends home with them to focus on it, and we've been out of town a lot. And honestly, I had gotten lazy about it. I had already potty trained one this year, you know?! Anyway, Mimi arrived and put her in panties, and over the course of about 4 days, Charlotte decided to cooperate with the potty training efforts!! She went to school in big girl panties yesterday with no accidents!! I am very excited about this...thank you Mimi!!
The girls also had a great time playing with Mimi!
 |
| Charlotte wanted to play outside in this picture, and Camille wanted to color...Mimi was undaunted by their attempts to make her choose sides, and she brought Camille's coloring table outside! Now everyone is happy. |
Playing dress up...
 |
| Mimi admittedly does not know all the princesses and their names...especially the "newer" ones. Camille told her she was "Tangled" and Mimi thought she meant her dress was tangled. After trying to untangle it for her, Camille says louder, "No, I'm TANGLED!" Ha! Now Mimi knows that Tangled is Rapunzel! |
 |
Taking a break, watching some TV...
|
 |
| Cooling off with popsicles |
 |
| Putting on their chapstick in their playhouse...the chapstick might be their most coveted possession right now! |
 |
| Rainy day, playing on the porch. I called Mimi and she said that Charlotte was riding her trike up and down the porch, and Camille wanted to jog behind her. So that's what they did! |
 |
| Lucy was happy Mimi was there too! |
Meanwhile, Travis and I were here:
 |
| In Blue Ridge, Georgia....beautiful place! |
 |
| On the Toccoa River Swinging bridge...largest swinging bridge east of the Mississippi River! |
 |
| At the Fall Branch Falls double waterfall! |
 |
| Roasting marshmallows at the bonfire our last night at the Bed and Breakfast |
 |
| This place was just gorgeous! |
Then, we came home! Girls were happy to see us! Travis says I called home 12 times during our 2 nights away, with average phone call of about 10 minutes (yes, he was keeping count!). Hey, I just wanted to know how my girlies (and Mimi) were doing! Fortunately, I don't think they missed us a bit!
 |
| Mommy is home!! |
 |
| Kisses! Camille has already lost interest in my return! |
On Mimi's last night at our house, she got to see the girls' gymnastics class! I think she was impressed with our little gymnasts!
 |
| Mimi and Camille |
 |
| Mimi and Charlotte |
Mimi had to head back home this week, she is helping with her church's Vacation Bible School. As she was pulling out of the driveway, Camille got teary eyed and said "My Mimi is going? But I love her very very much!" Almost had me in tears too! But I explained we would see her very soon, and Camille said "okay!" Maybe one of these days Mimi will move closer! (hint, hint :))
How wonderful!! So cool that she got the potty thing down for you. I know that frustration well!
ReplyDeleteSuch sweet and funny memories for the girls with Mimi. :)
P.S. I love your porch!
There are so many things I love about this post. All the photos are adorable - you totally have two princess lovers in the house for sure. I would have assumed she was tangled in the dress too. Oh my gosh - guess I have to catch up ;) Such a wonderful reason to have your Mom in town - congrats again! And really ... isn't having your Mom there wonderful? My Mom helped James get potty trained too. They're magic. We wish Liddy would move closer too :)
ReplyDelete