Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Two and a Half

The girls are 2 1/2 and at a really fun, but also difficult, age! Since those baby books have still not been completely filled out, I am definitely relying on this blog (which I print every 6 months), as a scrapbook of everything that is going on!

Charlotte

Personality: She is the sugar to Camille's spice. She really is just so SWEET the majority of the time. However, she is stubborn and on the rare occasions that she really gets in trouble, she is difficult to discipline.

Dislikes: coats/jackets (no matter how cold it is outside)

Favorite color: ? (she refuses to answer this question. Sometimes I wonder if she's color blind. Just kidding, sort of!)

Favorite food: Probably pizza, although she's been asking for spaghetti a lot lately, and one day last week she asked for tacos.

Favorite character: Ariel the Little Mermaid and Mary Poppins

Favorite song: Going on a Bear Hunt


Favorite show: Clifford or Curious George

Favorite animal: Today when I asked her this, she said "tiger." Yesterday, she said "monkey"

Shoe size: 6

Naughtiest moment: Tearing things, like nice books with flaps, and the wallpaper tree in her room (I'm STILL mad about that one!)

Newest phrase: "I'm so very hungry" followed after the meal by "Mommy, that was some good spaghetti (or whatever the food)."

Interesting facts: She is an incredibly fast runner. I'm serious, like scary fast when she wants to be. Travis is already talking about how great an athlete she will be :) She can hang and climb on things with amazing strength.   She loves airplanes and the moon/stars (actually, she seems to love everything that can be found in the sky!)

Camille

Personality: She is Miss Sassy Pants. She is so funny and very aware of what is going on around her. She gets in trouble quite a bit, but is fairly easy to discipline. If she isn't doing what I ask of her, I can count down from 3 and 95% of the time she corrects her behavior before I ever get to 1. (Because if I get to 1, then my hand meets her bootie, and she found this out the hard way...this technique does not work much at all with Charlotte).

Dislikes: not getting her way.

Favorite color: Pink (although sometimes she says purple)

Favorite food: pepperoni

Favorite character: Snow White

Favorite song: I'm bringing home a baby bumblebee

Favorite show: Clifford

Favorite animal: pink elephant (this was her actual response...I can't make this stuff up!)

Shoe size: 7

Naughtiest moment: Her sassy and sometimes bossy mouth has gotten her in trouble more than once!

Newest phrase: "I have an idea" or "I have a question" and then when you ask her what it is...she doesn't have one!

Interesting facts: She is about an inch taller than her sister, by my calculations. I will catch her singing almost word for word the theme songs to Beauty and the Beast and Snow White (I don't even know all the words...but I will hear her singing "tale as old as time, song as old as rhyme...).

Pictures at 2 1/2: We just went to the beach this past weekend. The weather was pretty, but the water was COLD! Fishing at the Bass Pro shop in Destin, Florida.
Charlotte caught her first fish!!
Travis was so proud that she touched the fish!
Camille insisted on using the pink fishing pole, but got bored before she ever caught anything!
First time on the beach this season!

6 comments:

  1. Such a great post and I'm with you on using this as a baby book. I am glad you did this post b/c I completely forget about it with all the hoopla (new baby) in our house. If you don't mind I might "borrow" your format. A great way to document what's up with the ladies. Sounds like we have some similar personalities in our house -- although I get the sass from both, at times! As you said - a fun, but HARD age!! Your girls are beauties ... and I can't believe we're all rounding THREE! Hang on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your post! I so need to do a better job (or even some job) at documenting the kids ages! It's hard to believe they are already 2 1/2! We have to get together soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO sweet!! I love how they are so unique! I think Charlotte might be like my youngest one. :)
    The beach pictures are wonderful! I can't wait to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the descriptions of the girls. I was just talking to doug about doing a little interview with James for his third birthday and now seeing how meaningful and wonderful the result is, I'm definitely going to do it. I love the girls' dresses from the beach - especially the ones fishing - where did you get those? you know ... just in case :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Meg, Old Navy and Target have great girl clothing :) Those dresses came from Old Navy online, but I bought them this winter and I can't find them on there anymore. I can't wait to see if James is getting a brother or a sister!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cuz I'm the mama, I hope you do a similar questionnaire with your girls, would LOVE to see what they are up to today and what they like/don't like as compared to my two!! Your newest baby girl is BEAUTIFUL!!

    ReplyDelete