Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

A Twin Mama Dilemma

I know I am REALLY jumping the gun here, but I have encountered a dilemma regarding the girls' 3rd birthday (yes, I realize it is not until September!).  However, due to a little website known as Pinterest, I figured I might get a jump on some ideas.  I started asking the girls about what kind of party they would like, as they have really started to grasp the ideas of birthdays and, in particular, birthday cake!  I asked them this one day in the car on the way to school, and Camille immediately said she wanted a Snow White cake.  She somehow got it into her head she was GETTING a Snow White cake at school THAT day.  I tried to explain we were just talking about her FUTURE birthday party, but she has not grasped that concept yet, I guess!  The teachers told me later that someone had brought cupcakes for the class, and when they handed one to Camille she said "That's not a Snow White cake!"  I had to explain our little conversation from earlier in the car!

So the dilemma is that when I ask Charlotte what kind of party she wants, she has said either Mary Poppins or Clifford.  I have asked her if she too would like a Snow White party, and she says "no."  Camille also chimes in that "no, Charlotte can't have Snow White...Charlotte wants Mary Poppins!"  Obviously they are individuals with their own style, and I think they should get the kind of party they want.  However, I am NOT throwing a separate party for each of them...they have the same "friends", etc.  So how does one pull off a Snow White/Mary Poppins and/or Clifford party combo?  Would love any fun or interesting ideas!  Any other moms out there that have done this before?

5 comments:

  1. Oh goodness -- too funny about the comment to her classmate. They just don't hold back! My girls would not grasp any of this yet -- so perhaps we're way behind!! I'd say -- you could definitely do a combo -- maybe get individual cakes and have one table set up around SW and then other MP or whoever she chooses. Pinterest is so awesome for party planning. I started looking at that too for the 3rd bday so don't feel bad. It will be here before we know it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep in mind that it's only March! They will likely both change their minds before September rolls around! Two year olds can be quite fickle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lindsey, you are so right! I am definitely not buying anything until we get much much closer! But I am trying to figure out what is out there for each theme...just in case! Mary Poppins stuff is impossible to find!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wish I could help but it appears I'm in the same situation! Finley says Snow White and Gillian says Toy story! Lol. I'm sure it will change before December though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Setup 2 tables - one for each decorated in theme of each one's choice. With Mary Poppins, you can have a custom cake done a CC Bakery and match fun colored napkins and plates. I am thinking goody bags/party favors/etc. could be the little umbrellas, sidewalk chalk,etc. - like you said pinterest will have tons of stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete