Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Doctor Checkup at 2 1/2

The girls had a checkup today at the doctor's office.  I knew they were not getting vaccinations this time, so we did a little "pretend" doctor visit at home.  I told the girls I was the doctor and I checked in their ears, had them stick out their tongues and say "ahhh", etc.  This actually helped the girls to remain calm during the actual doctor visit.  Dare I say it?  Could we have perhaps reached an all new level of "reasoning" and "understanding" about things?  I think maybe we have.  The girls were really good during the visit.  The doctor left the room at one point, and when he returned both girls waved and Camille said "Hi Doctor!"  She also walked up to him when he was sitting on his stool taking notes, and started to tell him about how she was going to get ice cream.  (I told the girls they could have a treat if they were good at the doctor's office, and they said they wanted "pink ice cream!").  Now, if there had been shots involved, it would have been a whole other story!  And while Charlotte allowed the doctor to do whatever he needed to do, Camille numerous times called out "Mommy, help me!" when she didn't like what he was doing!  But she did not cry and did not "pitch a fit" so I put that one in the "win" column.  We did have to wait close to an hour to see the doctor, so they were bouncing off the walls in the waiting room, but I figure if you make us wait that long, it is only to be expected!  Then we had to wait at the pharmacy to get Camille' eczema prescription filled, so by the time it came for ice cream, I was ready to go home!  Luckily, the McDonald's drive through had strawberry milkshakes.  Hey, it's "pink ice cream", right?  (and it is fancier than I remember, with whip cream and a cherry on top!)




2.5 year old stats:

Charlotte

Height:  36 inches (50%)

Weight:  28.69 lbs (47%)

Camille

Height:  37 inches (75%)

Weight:  27.06 lbs (27%)

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful, healthy blessings :)
    and I am with you - make us wait that long and I will not be held responsible for the outbursts of my children!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! our girls are really close to the same age :)

    ReplyDelete