Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Gymnastics

We took the girls to a "free trial" gymnastics class back in October to see if they would enjoy it, and lo and behold (despite Travis' insistence that it was going to be an epic failure) they loved it! I too was surprised they did so well, since they have to go with their "coach" into the gymnasium and the parents stay behind and watch through the glass windows. I just wasn't sure how it was going to go down, but they loved it from the very first time. So we signed them up for a once a week class. I love watching them and seeing how much fun they are having, and also their sweaty little red faces when they come running through the door when it is over! I did not know how much actual gymnastics they would be doing, but really they are doing quite a bit. They work on the balance beam, the parallel bars, the uneven bars (they basically are just learning to hang/swing right now, but the class above them does a somersalt over them), they are learning a forward roll (still need lots of work on that one), they hang from the rings, there's an obstacle course that they do that has a rock wall and a net climbing thing, and also a foam pit that looks pretty fun. They also are learning how to do different stretches and I've noticed they do a lot of little things for motor skills, like running after rings, throwing big foam blocks, scooting around on their behinds on these little disc things, etc. Overall, it's been a great experience and helps them burn some energy! I've tried my best to snap some pictures, but I'm having to take them through the window so they aren't great (and also I can't figure out how to zoom in on my phone camera).

(The girls are the ones sitting down in this photo)


(If you look way in the back the girls are both on the balance beam)


(Sitting with their class)



(Throwing/kicking big foam blocks)



(Hanging from the bars)


(Charlotte running by the window)


We tried out a new hairstyle!

2 comments:

  1. How fun! I'm so glad that the girls love it so much - what a great activity. I am seriously jealous of your french braiding skills!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet! Glad that they are enjoying it and that you can watch them in peace. :) I remember those days with my niece.
    Love the braids!

    ReplyDelete