Yes, the girls have, yet again, failed to comply with my request for a photo. I took them last week to get their Easter photos taken, hoping that the live bunnies and lamb would be enough to distract them from their boycott of professional picture taking. In their defense, they were still recovering from that virus and were not quite themselves. And in Charlotte's defense, she really did well. That being said, it was a screaming and crying mess and even with Graham's help, we were unable to get off a good shot. Thank goodness the photographers were so understanding and did not even charge me. I will definitely be using them again! Anyway, in a moment of genius the photographer had an idea to get them blowpops...and it worked, sort of. It got them to sit quietly on the bench without hysterics, and we were able to pose their Easter baskets and the live bunny...but as soon as we tried to take the "pop pops" away...well, no dice! Charlotte actually loved the bunnies and was petting them and sitting happily on the bench, but Camille started the fireworks and it really did not take too long for Charlotte to join in. When they get older and ask me why there are no good photos of them, I can tell them it's ALL their FAULT!! Because goodness knows I have tried and tried! The photographers gave me a CD of the photos they were able to take...all 3 of them.
Buttering them up with a lollipop bribe...

Lollipops removed...their faces confused and their hands still grasping the lollipop that has vanished...

Hey, give back my "pop pop", Camille demands as Charlotte chooses that moment to pick her nose...otherwise could have been a good shot.

And 5 seconds after that, Camille screams, the "pop pops" are returned but Camille is enraged it was ever taken away in the first place, she flails and dislodges Charlotte from her perch on the bench, in the commotion Charlotte's "pop pop" goes missing and 2 minutes later is found stuck to the back of her head...more screaming as I remove it from around a whole bunch of hair, Graham and I leave the studio with apologies and in a hurry!
Folks with toddlers...seriously, does this get better??
oh no! well amongst all the commotion they are still precious!!:)
ReplyDeleteOMG. I am seriously laughing freaking hysterically here. I mean crying laughing. I was thinking about getting the girls pictures done for Easter too and I had this flash of the insanity that would ensue and changed my mind. This just confirmed my fears. I'll pass and learn from your experience!!
ReplyDeleteSo funny, but what did you expect when snatching lollipops???? Probably should have just tried taking more with the pops.
ReplyDeleteOk, I laughed at loud! Poor Charlotte! Although I know it was probably stressful and not funny at the time. The pictures are still pretty dang cute! I love the blue!
ReplyDeleteErin, don't do it!!! Unless, of course, your girls are better behaved...and maybe if you could try somewhere outside where they might be distracted.
ReplyDeleteI think I'm still going to try to take them to the Easter bunny...I just never learn!
Elizabeth, got this dress at Target...though the blue looked pretty sharp!
ReplyDeleteMy favorite is the just vanished lollipop photo - I LOVE IT! Happy Easter!
ReplyDelete