Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 3, 2011

18 month stats

The girls went to the doctor last week for their 18 month checkup, but keep in mind we are actually almost at 19 months now! It was very interesting and thank goodness Travis was with me. They were adorable little dolls in the waiting room, playing with the toys, running over to push the button on the wall for the train to come through, yelling "choo choo" when it did, waving to other folks in there, bringing me books, etc. Perfect children, right? I mean, all the other parents in there were totally charmed and smiling at my kids. For real. And then came the doctor. They both pretty much cried and screamed through the nurse weighing and measuring them. Why? I have no idea as it doesn't hurt, she isn't the least bit scary, and I was pretty much holding them the whole time. So I am a little doubtful about the accuracy of the stats as they were kicking around so much, but anyway, here they are:
Charlotte: 22 lb 11 oz (23%), 32 inches tall (52%)
Camille: 22 lb 5 oz (17%), 33 inches tall (79%).
Personally I think they are both the same height or actually Charlotte seems taller right now, so who knows.

So they screamed through all that, then they screamed when we entered the exam room (guess they remember the "torture" that occurs here in the form of multiple shots!) and we got them calmed down. Then the doctor comes in and Camille starts crying "no, no, no" and "all done" and "bye bye"...it was pretty funny (for a second). The doctor examined her first...first in my lap but as she forcefully slapped away anything that he put near her body we decided to lay her on the exam table for the rest of it...I had to pin her arms and she seriously bucked like a bronco the ENTIRE time. All he was trying to do was look in her ears. She didn't get any shots this visit.

Then came Charlotte and although she had tears in her eyes from watching her sister's quite spectacular performance, she was so good. She sat in Travis's lap and let the doctor do what he needed, and even smiled at him towards the end.

I think the doctor pretty much summed up this visit when he said: "I think Charlotte may end up with all the dates in high school, because the boys will be too scared of Camille!"

P.S. Although Camille is our drama queen right now, she can also be very sweet. She got her first "boo boo" this weekend that actually required the use of a bandaid...she skinned up her knee good and got a Hello Kitty bandaid on it. She's been showing it off very proudly, lifting her dress in Sunday school to show off the "boo boo" and then to say "kiss it"...(Yep, I kissed it to make it "all better" and now everyone is required to kiss it as well). She also likes to point to it and say "see kitty?"...so she's the proud "boo boo" bearer, but ironically she won't let me take a picture of it. Oh well!

No comments:

Post a Comment