by Cuz I'm the Mama, another twin mom who has a really cute blog here: http://20fingersand20toes.blogspot.com/ I have never done this before but I believe it is as simple as answering the questions that she has posed...
1.) What is your favorite day of the week and why? Sunday because we go to church as a family, eat lunch with Travis's parents at the same restaurant every week, and we have the afternoon to be lazy. We rarely have anywhere else we have to go. Most importantly, Sunday is my favorite day of the week because I have had the most success talking Travis into getting up early with the girls on this day, and I usually get in a good nap in the afternoons as well!
2.) Name one way you hope your child is like you and one way they are different from you? I hope that they love to read books as much as I do. For one thing it will give us something in common and I also truly believe it makes a huge difference as far as being successful in school. I think Camille is definitely following in my footsteps, she seems drawn to books already. I'll have to keep working on Charlotte :) As for one way I hope they are different from me -- I hope they are more involved in sports in school than I was. I played recreational basketball and a lot of soccer when younger, but was never on any teams while in school. I hope they get into sports for Travis's sake! He is a sports fanatic and, as he has 2 girls, he's going to want to coach somebody! (he's already talking about learning to pitch underhanded for softball...)
3.) If you could vacation anywhere where would it be?? I love the beach and we go to Destin, FL regularly. However, if I could vacation ANYWHERE, I'd want to go to Italy, Paris, Greece...somewhere like that. Never been overseas and would love to have that experience. But for a regular family vacation, Destin is the place!
4.) What was your favorite splurge pre-baby? If we are talking splurge we made before the babies arrived, but were FOR the babies, I bought a wallpaper tree for their nursery that I just LOVE! It is so unique and was fun to put up, but it was ridiculously expensive for what is basically construction paper and paste!
5.) Who is your celebrity crush right now? I'll admit I have an addiction to the show The Bachelor (yes I know it is ridiculous and trashy but I can't help but watch!). I have heard that the new Bachelor is going to actually be a former Bachelor from a few seasons ago, and I have a feeling that he will be my new "celebrity crush"...until he does something stupid or sketchy...I give him 30 minutes. Not sure who I am talking about? Check here: http://www.ihategreenbeans.com/2010/09/27/turn-on-the-air-conditioner/ (if you, too, have an addiction to this show, this blog does hysterical recaps). I was the girl with the Top Gun poster in my college dorm...but that was before Tom Cruise went off the deep end...haven't had a true "celebrity crush" since!
6.) If a babysitter magically showed up at your door and you had 10 minutes to change and get out the door ... where would you and your significant other go for a fun evening?? This actually happened this past Saturday! Well, the babysitter didn't magically appear as we called her earlier that week, but we made a sort of last minute decision to go to the Auburn v. South Carolina football game. And I did have literally 10 minutes to change since my tennis match ran late and the babysitter was already at our house when I showed up. That night costs us a fortune in babysitter fees, but that game was amazing and I hadn't been to an Auburn game in years. If a babysitter just appeared tomorrow, I'd just like to go to a movie....maybe dinner, somewhere "nice" (as in, pretty quiet atmosphere where we'd NEVER venture to take the kids).
7.) Do people ever question why you blog? The people that know how to get to this blog and read it seem to understand why I blog. There are some shall we say "technologically-challenged" family members who have had some questions because they just don't understand what a blog even is. The #1 reason why I do it is to help me keep a record of milestones...I have two baby books that are not even halfway filled out...but I can print this blog into a book and there we go....instant scrapbooking!
8.) What color do you think looks best on YOU!! Blue, but it may just be because I like the color...I've never been told I have a good color but if I did I would wear it often!


No comments:
Post a Comment