Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 2, 2010

A few more "firsts" ...

First set of wheels...

First bath in the "big girl" tub...

Sadly, this is the only picture we have and I'm surprised Travis was even able to snap it. Two wet, wiggly kids in a body of water requires all 4 hands! Not to mention something about the water threw Charlotte's balance off and she was falling forward like crazy...it didn't help that she kept diving for the little tugboat that was floating by. (I have tried 3 times to purchase an inflatable bumper for the tub and every time I'm told it is out of stock, unavailable, etc. I don't think both of the girls would fit in one of those inflatable tubs. Anyone have any other ideas so that they don't wack their heads?)

First set of pigtails...

Okay, this next "first" comes to us courtesy of Aunt E...when we got these in the mail we thought they were hysterical and we also thought maybe aunt E had lost her mind! Yep, the girls' first bikinis! (P.S.) Even though we thought they were funny, they are also the "first" outfit dad will not let them leave the house in! Which luckily aunt E knew when she bought them, she just thought they were too funny to pass up! (I've got pictures of the girls in them and they really are hilarious, but probably not something I should post here! You can't wear a diaper with them...yikes! That spells disaster).

Charlotte standing up! No, she can't pull herself up but if you prop her near something she can hold onto, she can stand up amazingly well.

There has been no crawling yet although I've made sure to put them on their tummies as much as possible...if anyone has any "learn to crawl" techniques I would probably try them :) Charlotte seems more interested in standing and Camille seems more interested in rolling. Also, we are still toothless around here!!!

And last, I'll leave you with a video of the girls ...Camille is our talker of the two so far and she was wanting me to pick her up in this video. She was irritated I was videoing her instead, so you'll note that she sounds rather bossy and is letting me have it!

5 comments:

  1. Love the pigtails! And don't worry about them not crawling yet...Anna just started last week! Now we have to watch her constantly because she gets into everything! BTW, we booked our room for the wedding. Has Travis heard any details from Patrick re: tux rental or anything? E-mail me if you know anything...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, I don't think we've even booked a room yet...did you book one in that block of rooms he has reserved? I'll let you know if I hear any more details...I kinda doubt Trav knows anything more than Paul at this point!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard Charlotte in the background making her noises! Camille will soon jump out of that bouncy to come see you! Charlotte is already pulling up in her crib..wow.. time to lower the mattress down a level very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Charlotte can't pull up yet...I propped her there in her crib to see what she'd do...and she stood right there holding on, looking out at me. I will lower the mattress when she can sit up or pull up on her own.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The video just woke Thatcher up....and he came over to check the girls out :) Camille is quite loud! Charlotte is cute with her pigtails.

    Oh turns out the commenting problem was that I wasn't accepting third party cookies....

    ReplyDelete