Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

5 Pounders!!

At 33 weeks.....
Baby A is estimated at 5 lbs and Baby B is 5 lbs 2 oz! This is 78th and 82nd percentile on the singleton chart! Grow babies grow! At some point all the books say that twin growth will start slowing down, so they might not grow as much as soon in the last few weeks (lack of room is the main reason), but the u/s tech said that it really just depends on the baby. My cervix is also still closed so that's good news on that front. The doctor scheduled my c-section "tentatively" for September 25th, which I've got to admit seems soooooo far away! I'm thinking another pound or two on these babies and my body will go into labor on its own...but guess we'll see! Still on bedrest, but it's going okay and it is obviously working so I'm doing my best to abide by the rules! I will say that two large babies, both head down = discomfort with a capital D!

P.S. On an unrelated note, our oldest "child" (read: dog) Lucy had surgery today to remove two lumps we found on her...she's home and doing good (snoring on the couch right now) and the lumps were just fatty tumors, no big deal. Poor thing has shaven spots that look pretty silly, though.

P.P.S. I forgot to mention that the u/s tech also said that she couldn't see the genders of the babies right now even if she wanted to, they are too squished. And she claimed to "not remember" what we were having...I do know they didn't write it down anywhere since they don't want the doc to know (he's been known to slip up and ruin the surprise). So, guess there is still a chance on boy/girl...

3 comments:

  1. Did you do the "bedrest happy dance". :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great news!! I'm glad the appointment went well and that the babies have grown so much. I wonder what Lucy is going to think about the new additions to the family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you're gonna make it after all! Yay!

    ReplyDelete