Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

My First Stitch Fix

It's here, It's here!!



My immediate reaction was that I loved all of it!  And clearly my stylist, Katelyn, checked out my Pinterest board.  When I realized that they would do this, I started pinning "styles" like crazy on there.  I think she may have also noticed I was an Auburn fan, with all this orange and navy :)

First up, the 41 Hawthorne Capitola Fit & Flare Tank Dress, $88.00.  I actually really liked this dress, the length was right (not too short), loved the fabric.  Too bad it was too little :(  Try as I might, that dang zipper was not going up!  Ugh.

BUMMER!
Status:  Returning, but asking the stylist for this same dress in a bigger size next time!

The Level 99 Glenda Straight Leg Jean ($128.00) with the 41 Hawthorn Ivy Tulip Print Tab Sleeve Bouse ($68.00).  I liked the blouse a lot, although I do wish the slit in the front wasn't cut quite so low...it might require a cami or something for work.  The jeans are a really nice color, but were too small.  Double UGH!

It is so awkward to take pictures of yourself in the mirror, and nearly impossible to get a back view.  I tried getting one of the girls to take my picture but that was a comedy unto itself (and did not result in quality pictures).

So So Sad...sniff sniff.  The button was at least 6 inches from reaching the button hole.  So at this point I'm beginning to think maybe I should have been more "honest" in my sizing questions...but in my defense I have just recently purchased two very nice pairs of jeans from Nordstorms on my girls' weekend shopping trip to Atlanta and both were the same size as these jeans and fit just fine.  So I don't know if Level 99 is a junior brand or if those recent Girl Scout cookies seriously did me in....
**Keeping the shirt, returning the jeans
TCEC Roxanna Chevron Open Knit Cardigan ($58.00).  I love this cardigan, the pictures do not do it justice.  It is very easy to wear, and I love the feel of it.  Plus, it's orange-y.  Always a plus to an Auburn girl!
Status:  Keeping

Pomelo Torin French Terry Stripe Blazer ($72.00).  I went back and forth with this blazer.  I had mentioned that I would like a blazer and I think I have something very similar to this pinned on Pinterest.  Love that the stylist listened!  It is a nice comfortable stretchy fabric too.  It reminds me a little of prison stripes but I think the black/white classic style will be very easy to wear to work.

And it's really comfy.  So,
Status:  Keeping


Overall, this was a really fun experience!  I would have kept the dress and jeans too if they had fit!  However, the stuff is a little pricier than I anticipated.  I am thinking about reducing my budget and seeing if I still get the quality of clothes that I did in this Stitch Fix.

If you want to try it for yourself, feel free to use my referral link, I get a credit if you do!  https://www.stitchfix.com/referral/3225617

3 comments:

  1. So fun! Would love to try it, but as I buy most of my clothes at Target these days, not sure I could stomach $130 jeans! Wonder what they send if you choose the "as cheap as possible" option on your style profile? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog post! I'm glad some of the items worked our for you! A couple of my things were too small too. But I get my second shipment next week! I think you did a great job with the pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I am thinking about trying Stitchfix....do you want me to use your link? Think you'll try it again after Caroline arrives? Miss you and hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete