

Somehow, this is the only picture I have of the girls on the beach! Camille was tired and zonked right out after lunch!

Mimi got us a really cool small video camera that takes great videos and is also waterproof, so I think my lack of pictures is because I was trying to record the girls in the ocean. Here is the one video I have (because we forgot to put the memory card in it!) and you can see how CRAZY crowded the beach was. It hasn't been this crowded in a long time, so the economy must be on the mend (we hope!).
PLACEHOLDER FOR VIDEO
While in Destin, Travis required that we eat dinner at the sushi buffet. He claims this is now a "tradition" since we did it last year as well. I tried to explain that doing it one time does not make it a tradition, but he prevailed and so now we've eaten there 2 years in a row...so we are probably doomed to eat Chinese buffet every fourth of July for the rest of our lives! Last year, I had pictures of the girls eating their "biter biscuits". This year, it was ICE CREAM! (So there is an upside to the Chinese buffet).


There was a new "milestone" that we hit while at the beach...the girls started climbing in and out of the pack n' plays. I put them down for a nap and then heard noises coming from the alarm clock, I immediately wondered how in the world were they able to reach the alarm clock from their playpens, then entered the room to discover this:


Camille does not look the least bit guilty at being caught red-handed and Charlotte is apparently making a call on the alarm remote control...

So we packed up the playpens and pulled out the trundle on the daybed, and the girls' new sleeping arrangements looked like this:


They did surprisingly well in the "big girl" bed and so now I'm wondering if it is time to convert their cribs at home to toddler beds. I'm still very leary of parting with the cribs and since they haven't managed to climb out of those (yet) I think we'll probably wait a little while longer. However, just two days ago Charlotte managed to get her leg stuck, not once but TWICE, in the slats on the crib as she was apparently trying to get out...so the transition might come sooner rather than later.
On the 4th, at the pool with Claire and Graham...


Tom Tom showing Claire a fish...she was mildly intrigued...

Tom Tom showing Camille the fish...EWWW get that thing away!

Claire and Charlotte


Hope everyone had a great 4th of July!


Anna just learned to climb out of both the pack n play and her crib this weekend. Yay.
ReplyDeleteTravis and his buffets! I've come to like any Chinese buffet that has crab or cream cheese rangoon.
ReplyDeleteIs the day bed in your condo now?
Lindsey, what are you doing about her crib? Switching her over? I just don't want any broken bones!
ReplyDeleteAllison, that's funny you say that because I fill my plate with the rangoons (which this buffet does have) and noodles. Travis says I'm a total money maker for the buffet and thus has to eat twice as much to make up for me. Oh well! Yeah, the daybed is in the condo now, in the small room we had built for the girls.
Not ready to change over just yet--she doesn't try to get out in the mornings when she wakes up. Just at night if she's mad about having to go to bed. So now I just have to stand there and rub her back until I know she's fallen asleep. It's a terrible habit to get into. Hoping it's just a phase!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh, big girl beds!!!!! What are you going to do? James has not tried to escape yet ... and the buffet ... I can just hear Travis and those comments! You are a wonderful wife :)
ReplyDelete