Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, September 14, 2009

Charlotte and Camille are here!

Born September 10, 2009! Two baby girls! I'd like to point out that there were ZERO guesses for two girls in the poll on this blog. However, numerous people were thinking two girls, including Travis!

We are home from the hospital as of today and everyone is doing great. It has been very hectic though. Lots of visitors and phone calls, etc. I apologize if I missed your calls, there have been lots of them and I was too exhausted to answer half the time. I will be calling you back, hopefully things will calm down soon. In the meantime, thanks so much for the well wishes and thoughts and I'll try to do a basic update here soon. I sent out some photos of the girls through Kodak gallery but I only had a few email addresses on hand. If you get the email, please forward to anyone you think I missed and would want to see!

I delivered at 35 1/2 weeks due to developing pre-eclampsia. Went to the dr. on my regularly scheduled appt. and my blood pressure was high, and there was protein in my urine. All signs of pre-eclampsia which if left unattended could have made me very sick. Dr. said it was a sign it was time to deliver!

Charlotte Grace was born via C-section at 5:28 pm, weighing 5 lb 10 oz and 18 1/2 inches long. One minute later, Camille Faye was born weighing 5 lb 5 oz and 18 3/4 inches long! It was so much fun to find out in the delivery room what sex they were, and it kept my mind off the fact they were gutting me open! The girls are doing great, there were some slight issues with Camille's low/borderline blood sugar, but they watched it for days and it regulated itself. They never went to the special or high level nursery and never needed any special care. They were both in our room with us from day 1. We stayed the three full nights in the hospital because the pediatrician likes to keep premies that extra night so we all stayed. We got home around lunch today!

Camille is on the left in the main picture above, and Charlotte is on the right. To me, Camille looks like a Hargrove and I'm still wondering about Charlotte. I might have to scan in a baby picture of myself because I had the exact same head full of black hair, although I think Charlotte has even more. She also sometimes looks to me like her Aunt Erica!

There's a billion things I'm forgetting or leaving out but I'll update again soon. I am breastfeeding but also supplementing with formula (on the pediatrician's recommendation--mainly has to do with Camille's blood sugar issue) and we take them to the dr. this week. I have a feeling they will tell us we no longer need the formula supplementation, as they seem to have caught on to the breastfeeding and are doing well! We are all still learning, and it seems to be working so far!

5 comments:

  1. Hey! Saw the pics from the hospital last night via facebook and I totally said the same thing: camille looks like a Hargrove (kind of like Tom, but much cuter!) and I'm not sure about Charlotte! Can't wait to come and see them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!! They are both adorable -- I definitely want to come visit soon and meet them in person!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny, the first time I saw a picture of Charlotte I saw you as a baby, Trish! or your baby pics because I was not around yet:) And agreed on Camille. (I love how she seems to being smiling all the time too:) or maybe she loves the camera? They are precious!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. on and Lindsey, I thought Wes and Kim's Claire looked like Tom when she was born too:) Should we tell him he looks like a newborn? LOL jk..I think Claire and Camille def. look Hargrove!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for updating the blog for us. I love knowing what is going on with you guys during this really fun and exciting time.

    ReplyDelete