Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Tornadoes, the Flu, and a Dance Recital!

It has been a crazy start to the month of April!  Camille woke up on Friday, March 31st, just barely able to move and feeling absolutely miserable.  She was also running a fever.  Off to the doctor we went, and she tested positive for flu Type B.  In the spring!  Crazy flu season!  After some Tamiflu she was feeling better, but while we are still sitting in the doctor's office I get a call from Caroline's teacher that she is running a fever!  Graham and Tom Tom went to pick her up, and back to the doctor we went with her.  She thankfully did NOT have flu, just a bug. 
 
Monday, as I'm home with Camille and Caroline, the Tornado sirens go off and we head to the basement.  Charlotte luckily has a basement at school as well, and that's where her class headed.  South Columbus had a ton of trees down and a lot of people without power, and we initially thought there was no actual tornado but the weather service just confirmed an EF-1 tornado in that area!  Eek!  But all was good in our neck of the woods. 
 
Camille went back to school on Tuesday, but on Wednesday school is cancelled because of a very significant severe weather threat.  We spend all of Wednesday cooped up waiting for 1) a tornado to strike down or 2) someone else to be stricken with flu.  Neither happened!  Finally we all get back to school Thursday and get back on schedule.  And good thing BECAUSE the girls' dance recital was this Saturday!!  They did awesome and are naturals!!
Hail from the bad weather!

Getting cabin fever!
 
 













 
 
Professional dance pictures at the dance studio were Monday, but Charlotte came home early from school with a severe headache and vomiting.  NO!!  I was really worried about the headache (I don't think she's ever complained about one before?) - so I called the on-call nurse at our Dr.'s office (it's after 5:00pm at this point).  She says that they are seeing a ton of flu symptoms start as headache/vomiting and that I need to take her to a clinic.  I said "oh well her twin sister had the flu a week ago" and she said "Yep, you need to bring her in."  So, off to the Pediatric Acute Care Clinic we go, barf bucket in tow.  (which we ended up needing so thank goodness we remembered it!).  Mimi and Hayden and Shelby were in town for the recital, so Mimi came with us while Travis stayed with all the kids.  Charlotte did NOT have flu, but a nasty stomach bug, so now she's out of school for the day!!
 
I have a Public Service Announcement for the month of April:  "HEY APRIL... TAKE YOUR SEVERE WEATHER AND YOUR GERMS AND GO AWAY!!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment