Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 9, 2015

My Little Ponies

 
The girls have already been talking for MONTHS about their 6th Birthday party.  They are very specific.  They would like a My Little Ponies themed party, at the roller skating rink.  I swear I may have had this EXACT party back in the 80s!  HA.  Only one little issue:  I really was not sure whether they could roller skate!  They had been to one other skating party back when they were much smaller, and while they did enjoy it, they required a lot of assistance.  So I thought we should start making a few visits to the skating rink to make sure that's what they wanted to do for their party.
 
 
It was very rough going at first.  They wanted to do it on their own, but were having a lot of trouble.  Charlotte in particular gets very frustrated when she's not perfect at something.

I told Camille to bring her soccer socks so that she wouldn't get blisters.  I wasn't exactly envisioning that she'd wear them pulled all the way up to her knees, though!

Poor Travis had to get some roller skates on himself to get out there and help them!

Finally we realized they might to better if we rented these "walkers" for them.

They were having a good time, even though they needed the "walkers" a lot of the time.




Travis said that roller skating was a really good workout!

So...it appears that the 6th Birthday skating party is still a GO.  I need to dig out some old bday pictures of my own at the roller rink!  Too bad nobody seems to wear those skating leotards anymore...I had several and I loved them!

No comments:

Post a Comment