The girls had their first official soccer game this past weekend! Last spring they played in the Parents & Tots, which was more just a "skills" clinic. This Fall, they are in the Under 6 league. They play 3 on 3, so the other half of our team was on the field next to ours. Travis is an assistant coach, and although soccer is definitely not his thing, he did his best! Of course we had a noon game and it was a million degrees outside, with NO shade. Definitely bringing an umbrella with me next week!
In this league, there is no goalie and no keeping score. However, Travis is not a believer of the whole "no keeping score, no winners/losers" movement, so he kept score in his head :) I wish he had not. We lost 2-53. I'm not even kidding. I think the other half of our team fared a little better on the other field. We just have no concept at ALL of defense. Or of being aggressive. Charlotte & Camille are happy to dribble the ball (until someone takes it from them and then they just let them have it). They will also run up and down the field, but more following other players than the actual ball. I think it may be driving Travis nuts, but hey, they are not even 5 yet :) I was proud they got out there and gave it effort even if it was pretty clueless! Cute, but clueless! We've heard rumors that other teams are practicing several times a week. We as parents all agreed we'd rather lose than practice more than once a week at this age!!
 |
| Go Columbus Rapids! |
 |
| Charlotte No.11 |
 |
| Pep talk by Coach Travis |
 |
| Camille No.17 |
 |
| Resting in what very little shade we could find! |
 |
| Their most favorite part of soccer? Halftime snacks :) |
I think my comment disappeared! His is so fun. And 53 goals?!? What?! One practice is plenty!
ReplyDelete