Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

3 Year Check Ups

The girls went to the doctor for their three year check ups on Monday, and we had a new female doctor who we all REALLY liked!  (We had to reschedule our appointment with our usual doctor, and it would have been weeks to get back in with him.  So I figured why not try the new doc with the practice?!  She was great!  Has been practicing over 20 years, so she's not really "new").  The girls did great, they jabbered away the ENTIRE time.  The nurse attempted to check their vision and hearing, but they weren't exactly cooperative in looking where they needed to, or in sitting still.  Camille did identify the circle and the hand before she lost interest.  We are assuming they can hear well, as much as they talk!  She said it is usually age 4 before they can really test those things.

The 3 year stats are:
Charlotte - height (75%)
               - weight (57%)

Camille - height (98%) !!
            - weight (44%)

I forgot to ask for the printout so I don't have the exact numbers, but both girls are within a "normal" weight range according to the doctor.  I think there was only a 2 pound difference between them, but it feels like SO much more when you pick them up!  And Camille is about 2 inches taller, although it doesn't seem that much to look at them.  She seems tall, but I was definitely a little shocked by the 98 percentile number! 

They also had to have a cholesterol test (blood prick on finger) done, thanks to Travis's high cholesterol and family history.  Apparently they start testing this early and will recheck in another 3 years or so.  Who knew?  They also had a flu shot, but they did well, only cried for a minute.  They didn't cry at all with the blood draw and were fascinated by the lady collecting their blood in the tube, and of course loved the circus bandaids they were given.

Speaking of the circus, the Shrine Circus was in town this past weekend and we took the girls.  As circuses go, it was VERY long (3 hours!!) and the only animals were the horses and the elephant (unless you count the dancing poodles!).  The elephant was the best part, but it was only 5 minutes long, and it was at the very end!  I was able to get one good shot of Camille with Calliope the Clown (a local clown from a local kids TV show!).  Charlotte was not really a fan of the clowns up close and personal!


We also went to a fireman birthday party!  The girls weren't sure about the loud firetrucks or all the equipment, but they had fun with their friends.

Camille, not very impressed with the fire truck.

2 comments:

  1. Our girls are about 2" apart, too...and they have different body types, as well. It's so interesting to me to think 15 years down the road...I wonder what the height difference will be then! :)

    And on a circus note, our girls have decided they HATE clowns! HA! They've only ever seen one, at a local bounce house, but they were "scarred". Every day now, they play "trapped" -- kind of like hide-and-seek, I guess -- and they pretend one is the clown, and the other is hiding because she's scared. I don't know where they got this, but they're pretty serious about it! I don't see any circuses in our near future. ;)

    Happy belated birthday to your sweet girls!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems a little cray that they check cholesterol so early. Hmmm don't dare let drug companies trick you into "necessary" drugs should their numbers be elevated. :)

    ReplyDelete