Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 21, 2012

A few new things...

We've done a couple new things with the girls recently!

1) We saw a movie in the movie theater (or as the girls now say, the "big screen"!). We went and saw "Beauty and the Beast"...but we passed up the 3D version because I didn't think they'd actually keep their glasses on. They love that movie and it's still hard for me to believe, but they sat through the whole thing! They did talk rather loudly at parts...but hey, it was a theater of all children with their parents anyway. And I think I have the weirdest children ever, because their new favorite character in that movie is Gaston...they LOVE him and think he is hysterical.

2) We played laser tag! At a birthday party, although technically it was Travis and I that played since the girls did not wear the vests (we did) and did not shoot the guns (we did). We thought they'd want to hold the guns, but surprisingly they did not. Camille did enjoy running through the course, dragging me behind her. She does not make a good wing man, she put me in very vunerable positions that got me shot quite a bit.

3) We roller skated! Also at the same birthday party (it was an awesome party). I never expected or thought that the girls would actually want to skate or be able to skate. We thought we'd just try it out (honestly I did not think they'd even have skates in the girls' sizes). The smallest skate was a toddler 8, which is 1 size too big for Camille and 2 sizes too big for Charlotte...but what the heck? We put the skates on them and complete shocker but they loved it! I was hoping to keep them on the carpet but they insisted on getting out on the rink. We had to hold on to them because their balance was non-existent (and fortunately they didn't make us put on skates, but allowed us to go out in our shoes to help them). They really loved it. They were squealing and even when they fell, they got right back up. Travis and I were pouring sweat when it was all said and done, and my legs and back are killing me! Next time I'll have to put on skates myself, as I had many many skating bday parties back in the day! We got a few shots of the girls in the skates on Trav's cell phone, nothing very good but we needed all four hands to contain these two girlies in roller skates!




The big kids were playing some sort of game on the rink, and we had to get off and wait until it was over. The girls were not happy about this at all! I was having to hold them back from scrambling back into the midst of things!




Edited to add a few more photos taken by a friend:

3 comments:

  1. So fun! I'm glad they're adventerous and willing to try new things. I LOVE skating and am glad they're taking to it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been busy!! All of these firsts are so fun - wild - but fun!
    I am laughing at the thought of y'all running around with those girls playing laser tag!
    :) Kerri

    ReplyDelete
  3. How much fun did you guys have! I was laughing about the skating thinking how relieved you must have been to keep your shoes on - I don't know what I would have done if they'd told me I would have had to skate too :) That's so awesome the girls took to it so quickly! And laser tag....awesome!

    ReplyDelete