Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Two Year Stats

The girls went to the doctor today for their 2 year old checkups, and surprisingly (VERY shocking considering their recent ability to throw a killer tantrum) it went really well -- maybe the best dr. visit we've had since they were tiny babies. They had their fingers pricked, and just sat there holding out their fingers to the nurse and didn't cry at all. They did cry during the two shots but only for about 30 seconds max (Charlotte's scream was rather blood-curdling but again it was only about 30 seconds). They socialized with the doctor and Camille studiously watched what he was doing as he was examining Charlotte (I credit this to the veterinarian kit they got for their birthday, it has a lot of the same equipment, like the stethoscope). They were overall very cooperative, which was a relief. You just never know what you are gonna get with these two lately!

Here are the stats:

Charlotte: Weight = 25.81 pounds (35%)
Height = 34.5 inches (62%)
(and I just noticed that she is 61% in head circumference, girl's got a big head!)

Camille: Weight = 24.25 pounds (16%)
Height = 35 inches(75%)

As far as personalities at two years old, we've got Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde most days! I have been flexing my "timeout" muscle and I've got to say, so far it is really working! They do NOT like timeout and I guess because the teachers also use it at school, I didn't have to really introduce them to it. They KNOW it is a bad thing! Usually I give one warning and that's enough to stop any behavior, but any hitting/kicking/pinching warrants an immediate timeout. We had not experienced any major tantrums until just the other day...I was out of town on a girls' trip to Vegas (!!) and had taken the girls to school on Thursday, and Travis went to pick them up Thursday afternoon. The way I hear it, both girls ran up screaming "daddy daddy" when he came into the room, but as soon as Camille realized I was NOT coming, she threw a FIT! Travis downplayed it to me on the phone, but the teachers were still laughing about it on Monday morning when I dropped them off...apparently it was QUITE the show. Like, laying in the middle of the parking lot screaming kind of thing. And since we haven't really dealt with this before, Travis didn't know what to do, and so grabbing her arm and dragging her through the parking lot probably did not help. At least this is not the norm (or at least hasn't been so far!)

Other than that, we've had the typical whining when leaving any playground or coming inside, but it usually hasn't been anything I couldn't nip in the bud! Charlotte did have to take a timeout on the playground next to a tree when she would not get off the swing when I told her to. But she left the playground peacefully after that. Oh the drama of two year olds!

Despite the attitude, this is a fun age! The girls sing along to almost any nursery rhyme, love their Disney princess shows and Barney and Mickey Mouse, and can sing their ABCs and count to 10. (They prefer to sing the ABCs a la the Super Why show and not the regular tune I grew up with! and they are not remotely interested in counting anything over 10!) They both can spell "Camille" but neither can spell "Charlotte". And by spell I mean they can recite the little sing songy way I taught them. When I ask Charlotte how to spell her name, she says C.A.M.I.L.L.E!!!!

We have gotten very good at sharing, one of the advantages of having twins I guess. They are used to handing things off and will say "Charlotte's turn" or "Camille's turn"...I learned recently, though, that perhaps that willingness to share does not extend to other children, only their sister. Oh well, baby steps!

Potty training and binky-weaning are all still very much a work in progress!

2 comments:

  1. Veterinarian kit??? Does poor Lucy get check-ups from the girls now?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! So many similarities. We have our 2 year WWC on Thursday so we'll see how that goes! I told my husband the other day -- have TWO - 2 years is so, so much different than having just one. They provoke each other and that is where so much of the tantrums come in!

    ReplyDelete