Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

No GD for Me!!

I passed my 1 hour gestational diabetes screening! This is good as I really didn't want to have to take the 3 hour test that requires fasting and all that, and I REALLY didn't want to have to follow the diabetes diet if I did test positive. So, one less thing to worry about now!

Also, had an appointment and ultrasound yesterday. Both babies are now head down. Baby A is 2 lb 6 oz, putting him/her in the 82nd percentile in weight (and this is on the single baby chart!). Heartrate was 146. Baby B, not to be outdone, weighed in at 2 lb 11 oz, which is the 98th percentile! Heartrate of 140. My cervix is long and closed, which means it is holding its own. Still have no idea what "flavor" of babies we've got in there... now that their heartrates are so close I'm wondering if we've got two of the same sex?

Both babies were also practicing their breathing, which is a great sign. (They don't actually inhale anything--I asked--but they do move their diaphram...it is like a reflex). The ultrasound tech said they don't even start to check for this until the next appointment, so they are ahead of the ballgame! I think we've got some over-achievers in there!

I go back in two weeks for the very first biophysical on the babies, which is essentially an ultrasound and also a non-stress test on the babies. They hook me up to a bunch of machines that monitor the babies' heartrates, level of activity, etc., and it also monitors whether I'm having any contractions. I will have these weekly after this point to monitor the health of both babies.

2 comments:

  1. That is so great no GD for you. Babies are measuring great. I'm so happy your doing so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you look fabulous, by the way!!! Overachievers..hmm..have NO idea where they'd get that??! ;)

    ReplyDelete